The speedata Publisher is a full featured professional database publishing software.
It is comparable to XSL-FO, but with much more flexibility. Think of it as a “server side InDesign”
- 100% automatic generation of high quality PDF files.
- Fully fledged programming language.
- Based on standards like XPath and HTML.
- Grid based object placement for optimal space usage.
- Dynamic layout optimization. Copyfitting taken to an extreme – following your exact needs.
- Output of print-ready or “online” PDF.
- Support for most languages built in (hyphenation).
- High quality typesetting based on TeX's optimum fit line breaking algorithm including margin kerning and font expansion.
- Native support for OpenType fonts, XML, Unicode and other up to date technologies.
- Built-in multi-pass solution for automatic table of contents, index pages etc.
- Typesetting of complex tables: multi page tables with repeating header/footer, running sums, fixed or flexible columns, HTML features such as padding, borders and alike.
- Strict XML Schema file (RelaxNG) to prevent syntax errors and provide online help while editing the layout instructions.
- High performance. Many documents take less than half a second to generate, up to 300 pages per second.
- Easy generation of QR codes, EAN-13 or Code 128 barcodes.
- Small footprint. The complete installation is only ~15 MB.
- Active development and many installations in commercial projects.
- Last but not least: this software is 100% OpenSource (AGPL 3). The source code is on Github.
There are some examples in the example repository on github.
We provide ready to use ZIP archives and installers for download. See the manual for installation instructions.
Here you find our manual. You get the same manual when you run
sp doc on the command line.
We also offer the documentation packed in Dash docsets as feeds: speedata Publisher documentation with English index and with German index.
The software is written by speedata, a company with office in Berlin, Germany. We offer commercial support and help with projects involving our products. You can contact us at email@example.com or follow us on twitter (English and German).
speedata Publisher on Github · main page (German) · blog.speedata.de (German)